1. Pan 1
- 1. Add the tomato puree and vegetable stock to a pan on a low heat just to warm it.
- 1. Add olive oil and onion to a heavy based sauce pan covered. Let onion sweat until soft.
- 2. Add garlic, simmer for 30 seconds then add rice and stir.
- 3. Increase heat to a medium heat, pour in the wine and let it simmer until absorbed.
- 4. Take a cup at a time from pan 1 and add to pan 2 on medium heat. Let the rice absorb the liquid.
- 5. Once all liquid from pan 1 is in pan 2 turn the heat off. Stir in basil and parmesan and butter until melted.
- 6. Place risotto in fridge to cool.
4. Put mozzarella balls into the holes. Reshape into a ball. Continue to do this with all risotto.
5. Now start a production line, roll balls in the flour, then the egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
6. Chill for 30mins.
7. Heat oil in a pan at 160°C then start deep frying risotto balls for 8-10 minutes.
8. Drain in paper towel and then pop in oven for 6-8 minutes to make sure mozzarella is completely melted inside.
9. Sprinkle with salt and serve with salad. Enjoy!