Heres a recipe for a delicious Italian creation made out of Mad Millie Blue Vein cheese. Not for the faint hearted, this decadent italian dish is rich, creamy and utterly delicious and an added bonus, it looks amazing!
- 400g packet of fresh gnocchi
- 180g of blue vein cheese
- 1 diced red capsicum
- 1 diced red onion
- 200g of fresh ricotta
- 1 cup of cream
- 150g of fresh rocket
- 1 tsp of crushed garlic
- 2 cups of grated mozzarella
- 5 slices of diced prochutta
- 150g of diced button mushrooms
- small bunch of freshly chopped basil
- 3 eggs
- In a saucepan bring salted water to the boil, add gnocchi and continue to boil until gnocchi rises to surface.
- Pour into colander and drain. Rinse with cold water and pour over a little olive oil and stir gently to avoid sticking.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and sauté onion and garlic until soft, add mushrooms and capsicum and sauté until mushrooms are cooked through, remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine remainder of ingredients, mix well, add mushroom mixture and gnocchi and mix together gently, season with cracked pepper and spoon into small lined greased baking dishes.
- Bake in oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes or until firm, allow to stand for 5 minutes before removing from baking dishes, serve with a fresh green salad.