A terrific tasting pizza is never the same without a good helping of delicious cheese. For those who would like to enjoy this oven fresh treat as a guilt free vegan choice, we have put together this easy to prepare vegan pizza recipe, with vegan mozzarella made with our Vegan Cheese Kit.
- 200 g (3/4 cup) of plain tomato puree
- 200 g (3/4 cup) of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp of fine sea salt
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Leave sauce to sit in refrigerator overnight to allow flavours to come through (you can use it right away of course).
Building the Pizza:
- 4 x pizza bases
- 400 g (1 1/2 cup) of vegan pizza sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 200 g (3/4 cup) of Mad Millie Vegan Firm Mozzarella
- Pre heat oven to 200ºC (392ºF) degrees.
- Mean while, start topping the pizza. Add a few Tbsp of pizza sauce into the center of the pizza and spread it out to the edges.
- Add evenly over pizza the red onion, green capsicum, 1/4 cup of fresh chopped basil and 50 g of sliced vegan firm mozzarella.
- Place pizza into oven for 30 minutes or until mozzarella has melted.
- Repeat these steps with the remaining pizzas bases.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!