Our fabulous Australian Sales Rep Sasha Maclean has made this delicious Mad Millie Ricotta and Orange Cake; what a great way to use your Mad Millie ricotta. Whip up some Ricotta and bake this scrumptious cake today!
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 oranges
- 100gms raisins, roughly chopped
- 100gms unsalted butter, chopped
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 500gms fresh Mad Millie Ricotta
- ¼ cup self raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange
- 2 tsp orange flavoured liqueur or orange flower water (optional)
- Heat oven to 180oC. Line base and sides of 23 cm spring form tin with baking paper.
- Put orange juice in heavy based pan. Add raisins and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stand until lukewarm.
- Put butter, caster sugar, orange rind and vanilla in small bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl. Strain raisin mix into jug and set aside.
- Add raisins, ricotta and flour to butter mix and stir to combine. Spoon into prepared tin and smooth surface.
- Bake 35 – 40 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Let cool for 15 mins before inverting on to wire rack to cool completely.
- Put strained orange juice, water ,sugar and orange flower water/liqueur in pan over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a simmer and without stirring cook 15 – 20 mins until turns syrupy.
- Cut reserved orange into 0.5cm slices and put in heat proof bowl. Pour syrup over orange and allow to soak until room temp.
- To serve, arrange orange slices on the cake and pour over some of the syrup, serve remainder in jug.