- 3/4 cup of flour
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of Mad Millie ricotta
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Dash of nutmeg
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs, milk and unsalted butter melted in a food processor or blender, then allow the batter to rest for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- To make the crepes, heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and lightly oil.
- Pour a very thin layer of the crepe batter into the pan, and swirl around to coat the base of the pan with a thin layer of mixture.
- Flip the crepe when the edges turn lightly brown and the crepe looks dry.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Stir 1 cup of Mad Millie ricotta cheese, 2 Tbsp sour cream, 2 Tbsp of icing sugar, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and a dash of nutmeg together.
- Put frozen berries in a small saucepan and bring to the boil with the juice of one lemon and 1 orange.
- Allow to boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place 1 heaped tsp of the ricotta filling and 1 heaped tsp of berry mixture in the centre of the crepe and fold the edges over four times, so it looks like a square parcel.
- Turn the parcel over (so the smooth side faces upwards), and place it on an oiled oven tray.
- Brush the top of the blintzes with melted butter and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they puff up - serve immediately with a sprinkle of icing sugar.