View all Recipes
Mad Millie Limoncello
Create your own blend of homemade limoncello with the Mad Millie Limoncello Kit.
Print This Recipe
Preparation Time 30 mins
Ready In 3 days
1 L (1 US qt)
- 8 Lemons
- 750mL (25 US fl oz) Store bought vodka
- 3/4 cup (150 g/5.3 oz) White sugar
- 0.5 mL Mad Millie flavour
- Peel 8 lemons. Try not to get too much of the white pith as this will make it bitter.
- Combine the lemon peel and 750mL (25 US fl oz) vodka in the jar. Seal and steep for 3 days at room temperature, out of direct sunlight.
- In a saucepan stir 1 cup (250mL) of water with 3/4 cup (150g) white sugar over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- Sterilise the bottles by running them under water so they are wet before placing in the microwave, on high power, for 1 minute. Be careful removing them as they will be very hot.
- Line the funnel with the muslin cloth and pour the limoncello through it to remove the peel.
- Pour the sugar syrup evenly between the two bottles. Seal with the corks and gently shake the bottles to mix.
- To create a unique flavour mix, add 0.5mL of flavour (measure with your pipette). Give the limoncello a good shake, taste and add more flavour as desired.
- Place the bottles in the freezer and enjoy when cold! Limoncello is best served straight from the freezer in a shot glass or with ice and sparkling water or tonic.