Mixed Spice Christmas Kombucha
With Christmas rapidly approaching we’re starting to get into the festivities at Mad Millie. The mixed spice flavouring of this kombucha recipe will really get you into the Christmas spirit! Deliciously refreshing if you’re based in the southern hemisphere and moving into summer; or perfect for next to the fire if you're in the northern climes and it’s getting positively chilly.
Brew your kombucha base the week or two before you want to make this recipe as all flavour infusions are completed during the second ferment. Follow the Mad Millie recipe for specific brewing times and instructions or pour straight into bottles from your Kombucha Crock continuous brew supply.
750 mL (25 fl oz)
- 2 Whole cloves
- 1 Slice of ginger, add another slice if you really like ginger heat
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Tbsp (15 mL/0.5 fl oz) Fresh apple juice
- 730 mL (24.7 fl oz) Mad Millie Kombucha
- Carefully sanitise your brewing bottle with boiling water or food grade sanitiser. If you don't have a brewing bottle a strong glass jar can work just as well.
- Put the cloves, ginger, cinnamon stick and apple juice into your 750 mL (25 fl oz) brewing bottle.
- Pour in your freshest batch of brewed kombucha and turn the bottle gently upside down to mix in all the different ingredients. Seal the bottle to allow carbonation to take place.
- Store in a dark place for 2-3 days, checking after day 2 to see how the carbonation is going.
- Place your Mixed Spice Kombucha into the fridge to chill and stop fermenting. Remember to pour carefully when serving so you don't end up serving the ginger, cloves and cinnamon stick!