View all Recipes
Vegan Waffles and Coconut Yoghurt
Waffles are delicious at all times of the day but particularly on a leisurely Saturday morning. This vegan version ticked all the boxes in terms of flavour, crispiness and just all round enjoyment factor. Topped with homemade Mad Millie Coconut Yoghurt and a generous handful of strawberries, we highly recommend you give them a try.
Print This Recipe
Preparation Time 10 mins
Cook Time 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups (210 g/7.4 oz) Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups (333 mL/11 fl oz) Unsweetened plant based milk
- 3 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Pinch Salt
- 1 cup Mad Millie Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 cup Strawberries chopped
- Maple syrup, to serve
- Fresh mint, to serve
- Preheat waffle maker according to instructions. Preheat the oven on a low temperature to keep the waffles warm.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until it's nice and smooth. We recommend using a whisk to make sure you get rid of any flour lumps.
- Spray the waffle make with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Ladle 1/2 cup of waffle mixture into the hot waffle maker and close the lid. Cook as per waffle maker instructions.
- As each waffle is cooked place it directly on the wire rack in the oven to prevent it going soggy.
- Serve with homemade Mad Millie Coconut Yoghurt, chopped strawberries, a generous drizzle of maple syrup and a garnish of fresh mint.