Labneh is one of those delightful products that can be eaten and enjoyed at breakfast, lunch and dinner. This version involves minimal effort for maximum output. Made with homemade Mad Millie Greek Yoghurt it can be added to any dish as a side, part of the main dish or a snack. We are guilty of eating it at every opportunity possible paired with our favourite crunchy crackers.
This recipe assumes you have already made your Mad Millie Greek Yoghurt. If you don't have any to hand, store bought greek yoghurt will work just as well!
450 g (15.8 oz)
- 1 L (1 US qt) Mad Millie Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Zaatar
- Chilli flakes, optional
- Mix together greek yoghurt, salt and lemon juice.
- Strain the yoghurt through a cheese cloth or a Mad Millie Draining Bag. Leave to strain for 24 hours.
- Gently squeeze out any extra whey and transfer to a plate for serving.
- Drizzle over olive oil and sprinkle zaatar and chilli flakes on top. Serve with crackers or alongside pita and hummus.